PCA Membership Meeting
The next PCA Membership Meeting will take place on Tuesday, October 11, 2016 at the Erie Cafe in Chicago starting at 6:00 PM.
This meeting will feature guest speaker Joe Ohm who was recently hired as the new Local 130 Trust Fund Administrator. Joe Ohm will be on hand to introduce himself to our plumbing contractors and guests and lay out his vision to effectively manage the over $1.4 billion dollar total fund assets in the combined Local 130 Pension and Welfare Funds.
In addition, Illinois PHCC Executive Director and Ilinois Plumbing Code Advisory Council member Bev Potts will talk about issues of concern to our plumbing contractors. In particular, she will address backflow device testing and a recent interpretation of the current rules by the IDPH. She will also focus on lead water service lines and our plumbing contractor concerns that notification by municipalities and water purveyors to home & business owners about lead contamination risks in potable water should be more stringent and consistent.
Please note: We will be asking at this meeting for PCA contractors to volunteer to serve on the Nominating Committee to slate the PCA board directors up for election in 2016. Pursuant to Article VIII, Section 2 of the PCA By-Laws, a Nominating Committee is comprised of the designated representatives of seven (7) or more Active Member firms of the Association and shall be selected by the members. If you are interested in serving on the Nominating Committee, please contact PCA Executive Director S.J. Peters at 312-563-9526 or by email at .
To register, click here. If you have any questions about this meeting, contact Barb Bigelow at or at 312-563-9526.
- Union Plumbers support Flint, Michigan Video (2016)
- Illinois EPA Certified Lead Testing Labs (2016)
- The Guardian News "Chicago Lead Pipe Story" (2016)
- PCA Membership Meeting Presentation on Potable Water Safety (2016)
- WTTW Chicago Tonight - Chicago's Lead Pipe Story (2016)
- Chicago Water Dept. Water Service Fees (2016)
- Bonding Over Lien Claims (2016)
- Chicago Water Code Amendments (2015)
- Unfunded Liability
- New IL State Plumbing Code
- Summary of New IL State Plumbing Code
- Revisions to IL Lawn Irrigation Contractor & Sprinkler System Registration Code
- Revisions to IL Plumber Licensing Code
- Chicago Plumbing Code
- Dealing With Fringe Benefit Audits